woensdag 28 juli 2010

In the Californian Sun

So there I am, sitting in the student lounge of my EF school, with my cute little laptop.
In the south of California, south of Los Angeles, called 'South Bay', Redondo Beach.
When I walk out of the school and look down the street I can see the blue ocean.
There are hills surrounding my neighborhood, all packed with white houses.
At the sides of the roads are palms and bushes with pink flowers.

Damn, how I love Los Angeles.

there are a very few cities in the world with which you can fall in love.
And I think Los Angeles is one of them.
When I was driving in a bus yesterday, I passed venice beach and west hollywood.
I think of this place as some sort of paradise.
Everywhere are houses in all kind of colours, like pink, yellow, blue.
Every house has his own pool and garden full of flowers.
the streets are full of this inmense tall palmtrees and other trees.
More downtown are the HUGE buildings, and it was quite like new york, only tropical.
And that is actually what Los Angeles is. It's a modern city, only tropical.
And to me that is the perfect combination.
Down the beach the city dissapears and the tropical part takes over.
The beaches are beautiful. People are skating and running at the boulevard, on the beach people are playing volleyball & in the water people are surfing.
Now I know it wasn't stupid at all, not liking new york that much.
Los Angeles is 10 times better.

Redondo beach does not represent Los Angeles in a good way.
Redondo beach is kind of boring and dead, when you compare it to some other parts.
It is more of a beach place, and nothing more than that.
Houses, cars, and a beach. that's it. No shops, no buildings, nothing to do.
That is the big disadvantage of Redondo beach, together with the fact that it is quite in the middle of nowhere and with public transport of bike all the other places are far away.
Santa Monica & Hermosa beach is not that far, but still waaay to far to walk.
It's a bit isolated here. I don't really like that. Going to Downtown is a whole day activity.
I got some pictures, I'll put those in my next message.


Santa Monica, the park next to the beach.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten