donderdag 10 juni 2010

the city

Right now I'm sitting on the couch in the appartement
with all the other girls. Ilse, Nicole and I went to the supermarket
and once again got really upset about the insane prices of everything.
Everyting costed Ilse 42 dollars, mine were 30. How crazy is that.
But still I got delicious things like muesli with strawberries and nut bars.
I actually starting to enjoy myself in the city
I getting more relaxed and starting to find my way.
Yesterday when I had an hour off I went to times square and just sat there and looked around.
I've never seen a place as crazy as times square.
All the colours, it's like an explosion. An explosion of colours and light and sounds.
And tourists, damnit.



Today I had my walking lessons at the agency together with Ilse.
The lesson was giving by a drag queen so we both were really curious to see 'her'.
When she arrived she actually looked like a woman so it wasn't as excited as it sounded, pity.
But the lesson was very useful and she said a lot of things I really didn't knew.
We watched videos of shows with different kind of walks and then tried at ourselves.
So now, we´re like so ready to do dior haute couture, gosh.
She kept saying ´Gorge!` . oh my gosh that is like so gorge.
It kind of shocked me how often people use the word ´like´ in new york.
`Like, it was like, a place with like, these people, they were like that and i was like that.`
and it shocked me today that I actually start to say it myself.
HELP I´M GETTING AMERICAN
oh! crucial style note; like it or not, but EVERYBODY here is walking on wedges.
e-ve-ry-bo-dy.
the higher the better, from wood to bamboo with leather or suède, all kinds of colours.
Of course they were hip already but this is quite obsessive so I thought i'd better mention it.
In case you wanted to look like the Incredible Fabulously Looking New York Fashionistassss (huhu)
Tomorrow me and the other girs are invited to the tv show of donald trump to sit in the audience hahahahaha how funny is that.
we will be watching the 'rockport fashion show'!
I'm utterly excited, ladies and gentlemen.
We are asked to dress up, heels, nice hair and makeup.
So that'll be fun. Thank god I got a dress on me because I can't really efford a new one
eventhough Forever 21 is calling me 24/7 'BUY ALL MY CUTE DRESSES PLEASE'
and when I'm walking on union square it kind of atracts me like magnetic forces
and I caaaaan't ignore it.
New York shopping is as addicting as drugs (no mum, I haven't experienced that, just assuming)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten